Monday 9 June 2008

John Hurt - Hurt Stunned By Spielberg Offer

Veteran British actor JOHN HURT was stunned to be offered a part in INDIANA JONES AND THE KINGDOM OF THE CRYSTAL SKULL - because he thought a call from STEVEN SPIELBERG was a hoax.

The 68-year-old stars alongside Harrison Ford in the latest installment of the adventure franchise - but feared he had upset Spielberg by asking to look over the script before he made his decision.

He recalls, "When I got the call from Steven Spielberg I almost said, 'Yeah, pull the other one!'.

"Then I thought, 'Hang on, I recognise that voice. It really is him!' He asked me if I'd like to come and do the film and I insisted on seeing the script.

"I was told later that nobody asks to see the script when Spielberg calls, you just say 'Yes.'

"They had to send a courier over from Los Angeles, who delivered the script at three in the afternoon, collected it at eight in the evening, stayed the night in a hotel and flew back to Los Angeles. It was a very expensive read."




See Also